The purpose of the Family Assessment–LDC is to:
- provide a family assessment tool for use by a variety of workers (professional and paraprofessional) serving families in least developed countries.
- use standard international definitions to assess the state of family well-being.
- identify and prioritize needs of families and services to assist them.
- track improvement of family well-being.
- assist NGO’s (non-government organizations) to identify unmet needs of families at the community level, develop services to meet these needs, and track improvements at the community level.
- provide a source of comprehensive data for international organizations, policy makers, and funders that assist least developed countries.
The tool is in an easy-to-use checklist format that collects data on all family members, including:
- environment, and
- a summary of family vulnerability.
Aggregate data on a number of families in a defined geographical location provides a picture of the needs of that community in order to assist NGOs, policy makers, and funders to target services to meet those needs.
- License for designated number of workers
- Assessment Form in Microsoft Word and PDF formats
- Instructions for Using the Form and Interpreting Findings