Products | Assessment Tools & Training Packages
In the past, the National Family Preservation Network (NFPN) provided an electronic database system for the NCFAS assessment tools. The electronic database was built on a Microsoft Access platform and was designed for installation on individual computers. As of March 2019, the Access database is no longer available. Tech support has not been available since 2017. NFPN urges all Access database users to export their data to Excel and transition to a web database.
NFPN offers a web database that can be accessed from any internet-connected device and is user-friendly. The web database developers worked with NFPN to design the database specifically for use with the NCFAS assessment tools (NCFAS-G, NCFAS-G+R, Trauma/Post Trauma Well-Being). The database includes the following features to meet the needs of workers:
- Accessible through the internet
- Unique identifier in order to easily track families
- Demographics on caregivers and children (age, gender, race, ethnicity, living situation at case opening/closure, reasons for referral, etc.)
- Quick access to scale definitions to assist in completing ratings
- Indicators/graphs to inform workers of status of completion of ratings on assigned families
- Case plan form that guides the worker in developing goals and services
- Immediate access to reports on progress of any family or all families
- Ability to print reports, save data and reports in pdf format, or export to Excel
The following features meet the needs of supervisors and administrators
- Unique family code to ensure confidentiality
- Ability to track each worker’s progress with families
- Requirement for 100% entry of opening/closing ratings (no missing ratings)
- Reporting features on both incomplete and completed cases that show the number and the percent of families at each domain, number of families that are at baseline/above, number of families with problem ratings (mild, moderate, serious)
- Immediate access to reports and status of completion of ratings on families
- Customizable to meet additional needs of an agency
The web database is available, for an annual fee, with purchase of an assessment tool (English versions only). The fee, paid to the developer, includes tech support.
For additional information and price quotes, contact NFPN, firstname.lastname@example.org.