The Basic Fatherhood Training Curriculum Package is a self-contained training package based on NFPN's Basic Fatherhood Training Curriculum, which is in use nationwide with positive results. The training package consists of:
- License to Train Workers
- Basic Fatherhood Training Curriculum manuals
- Training script for 4 hours of fatherhood training, including handouts and overheads
- Video with tips on engaging fathers and interviews with fathers, mother, and children (40 minutes)
- Guide for setting up training
- Agency self-assessment survey
- Assessment tool for father involvement
- Activities for dads and their children
- A message for moms, including the benefits of a father's involvement in the child's life
- Tips for engaging fathers
- Protective factors for father involvement and more!
NFPN is not aware of any comparable self-contained training package on fatherhood that is available for human services practitioners. The training includes:
- Why fathers are important.
- How to assess whether your agency is father-friendly.
- Barriers to involving fathers.
- Motivating staff to begin involving fathers in their children's lives.
- Learning how to communicate with fathers.
- Acknowledging the mother as gatekeeper and her role in involving the father.
- National fatherhood expert's tips on engaging fathers.
- Case examples with principles of practice.
- Family portrait of an involved father.
- "I am more aware of the issues facing fathers and now have the tools to address them. Thank you very much!"
- "Fathers are so important. I'm very glad things are being done to promote fathers."
- "Encouraged me to want to explore a parenting program focused on fathers, be more aware of perceptions and biases in existing programs, and advocate more for father involvement."