Products | Father Involvement
Complete Guide to Father Involvement
The National Family Preservation Network (NFPN) is pleased to announce the release of the eBook, Complete Guide to Father Involvement.
This Guide contains everything you need to know to build a quality father involvement program, including:
- the foundations of the fatherhood movement
- the Disappearing, Reappearing, and Integrated Father
- accomplishments of the past decade
- national organizations contributions to father involvement
- recent research on father involvement
- a statewide model for father involvement programs
- funding for father involvement programs
- steps to implement father involvement programs in your community
- principles for achieving integrated father involvement programs
- a glimpse at 2020 and beyond
- over 30 resources that include curricula, models, technical assistance, training, research-to-practice findings, and tips for implementing father involvement
One of the best things about this handy Guide is that all of the information you need is at your fingertips. There is no more frustration with Googling bits and pieces of information only to arrive at dead ends. Everything has been put together for you in an easy-to-find format that you’ll refer to over and over again.
Cutting-edge information contained in the Guide:
- Fathers are becoming an integrated member of the family. Parenting is now inclusive of both mothers and fathers.
- Moms have been promoted from gatekeepers to facilitators. The most successful father-involvement programs include mothers.
- The era of “silo” programs aimed at fixing fathers is over. Parents (including fathers) and practitioners are now viewed as partners in the well-being of children.
- For the most vulnerable fathers and families, education alone is not sufficient. The best programs provide case managers to help families access needed services.
- Father involvement programs are increasingly part of larger programs offering comprehensive services to parents and families.
To order the guide, email firstname.lastname@example.org.