General Services Training Package (NCFAS-G)
NFPN, in cooperation with Dr. Ray Kirk, worked with an integrated human services agency in San Mateo County, California, to develop an assessment tool that could be used with all agency programs. In addition to the original five domains of the NCFAS (Environment, Parental Capabilities, Family Interactions, Family Safety, and Child Well-Being), the NCFAS-G adds the domains of Social/Community Life, Self-Sufficiency, and Family Health for use of this tool with a wide variety of programs and families.
The NCFAS-G was tested with a differential response program that diverts families from the child welfare system. The tool was found reliable and valid with this program. [Read the research report.]
The NCFAS-G Training Package contains:
- NCFAS-G Scale and Definitions
- License to Train Workers in the NCFAS
- NCFAS-G Database Software (requires Windows 7/Vista/XP with Service Pack 2 or higher)
- Case Example
- Training Video
- Frequently Asked Questions About Using the NCFAS-G
- PowerPoint for Staff Training
- Forms for Family Assessment & Case Planning
The cost for the NCFAS-G Training Package is based on the number of agency workers to be trained. To request a price quote, complete and submit the online NCFAS-G Inquiry Form.